Photography Ambitions for 2013
My style of photography has changed over the last few years. I used to think my skills lay in architecture or landscapes, but actually it seems that I have an affinity for portrayal of people. This isn't so surprising given the role I tend to fill for my close friends; and so my photography tends to be people, events and a smattering of art/nude.
I aim to continue these themes, and develop them further, in 2013.
I have a fairly long list of themes and shoot ideas, and these exist to serve as inspiration. The more abstract goals are also listed here.
- use more large format
- use more medium format
- use more colour film
- cross-process EtoC and CtoE
- use digital with the same care and frugality of shutter release as film
- shoot video
- improve at and do much more art nude
- start with large format, studying the book I received for Christmas
- male form
- more studio and lighting practice
- build on "poise"
- hands, feet
- rope-work and bondage
- metallic nudes